It’s been a privilege to serve as your President for the last three years. I’d be proud to serve again, for a final term.
In 2015 I pledged to be accessible, in person and via social media. I pledged to champion our issues, strengthen our bicultural relationships and build our collective union power.
I invite you to examine my record, whether I’ve delivered. Consider, too: https://www.facebook.com/nznogrant.org.
As President I accepted only Staff Nurse pay. Refusing the six-figure presidential salary was a matter of conscience. Can I honestly advocate on our collective concerns while earning six figures? Can I represent our membership, if my circumstances are disconnected from yours? I lead for the many, not the few.
Today’s winds of change provide huge renewal opportunities. If re-elected I’ll lead the change we want. NZNO will be open and responsive to us, the members. That’s my pledge to you now.
Previous relevant experience
- Newtown Union Health Service: Board Member (2013-present) and Chair (
- DHB MECA Negotiating Team (2014-15)
- Membership Committee: Greater Wellington Region rep & Vice-Chair (2014-15)
- Mental Health Nurses Section: Committee Member & Journal Co-editor (2014-15)
- DHB National Delegates Committee: CCDHB rep & Convenor (2008-15)
- NZNO-endorsed candidate for CCDHB (2013)
- NZNO Board of Directors (2012-13)
- NZNO Greater Wellington Regional Council Chair (2010-13)
- NZNO Relief Organiser (2010)
- NZNO Workplace delegate (2002-15)
Te take e tū ana ahau hei Perehitini mō NZNO
Nōku kē te hōnore ki te tū hei Perehitini mā koutou i ngā tau e toru kua pahure. Whakahīhī ana hau ki te tū anō, mō tētahi atu wāhanga.
I te tau 2015 ka taurangitia hau kia āhei koutou ki te whakapā mai ki au ā-kanohi, ā pae pāpāho pāpori raini. Ka taurangi anō kia tū māia hau mō ō tātou take, whakakahatia tō tātou tikanga rua, ā, kia waihangatia tō tātou mahi ngātahi uniana.
Ka inoi atu hau ki a koutou mēnā ka pai āku mahi, kāhore raini. Titiro mai: https://www.facebook.com/nznogrant.org.
I au e mahi Perehitini ana ka whakaae au ki te utu Staff Nurse anake. Tēnei whakanau utua nui he mea whakaaro kore mōku ake. Ka taea e hau ki te whawhai me te whakahau kaupapa mei ka utua nui hau? Ka taea e hau ki te tū hei māngai mō ngā mema uniana mei ka nohoa kore hau ki a koutou? Ehara tāku toa i te toa taketahi, engari he toa takitini.
Mai i ngā hau āwhiowhio ka tae mai a tinihanga, a whakahou anō hoki. Mei ka waimarie hau ko au tō koutou kaitinihanga, kaiwhakahou. Koinei tāku oatitanga ki a koutou.